Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Lucky Charms


Jim was 3 years old when Sid and I started dating and "going together".  Because of his young age and having to go to bed early and in order for Sid and I to spend time together, I would go over to their apartment for a few hours in the evening.  This was their nightly routine that I observed.  Sid would tell Jimmy it was bed time.  Jimmy would say he was hungry.  Sid would fix him a bowl of Lucky Charms cereal.  Jimmy would eat the charms - which were marshmallows - and decided he wasn't hungry anymore.  Sid would throw the cereal out and put Jimmy to bed.  5 minutes or so later, Jimmy would decide he was still hungry.  They would repeat the cereal, marshmallow, bed routine.  This would not happen just one time but several times every night - night after night.  Not being a parent yet, I did not understand why this kept happening.  After becoming a parent, I understood completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment