Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Bunco Squad hits the White House



In December, 2002 my friends Bev and Glorianne and I decided we needed to have a fun thing to do once a month that didn't involve any work - just showing up and laughing a lot. We decided to start a Bunco group since we had heard how much fun they were. After Christmas, and after a lot of figuring how it all works, we started the Chaparral Bunco Squad. Our first meeting was in February, 2003 and we have been going strong ever since. I have really great memories of all the fun and laughter we have had over the last 61/2 years. It was my turn to be the hostess this month and, as with everything I do, I really stressed out about it. Everything had to be just perfect, and of course it wasn't. Nothing ever is. I finally got through the night and as the last of the group left they commented on the beautiful carrot cake still sitting on my counter and how they bet it would have been delicious. I HAD FORGOTTEN TO SERVE DESSERT!! Bunco is mostly eating - dinner first, snacks while playing then dessert when we are finished playing. Days later I still get upset just thinking about it. Of course, everyone has long forgotten about it. Believe me, Bunco is A LOT MORE fun when it's at other people's house. The picture above was taken several years ago of most of our group. Some have since moved, and one was a substitute.

No comments:

Post a Comment