Thursday, August 27, 2009

Featuring in the center ring - the amazing Elsie


One of the fun memories I have of my mom was when I was young - somewhere around 9 and 10. We would go to the park behind the hospital with friends for a picnic and for the kids to play. While there I remember Mom would walk around on her hands. Not only just walk, but walk forward, backward and in circles. I was amazed that someone that old could do that - she was 26 and 27, very ancient. She had been a tomboy when she was younger and had learned how to do this amazing stunt then. She could also write right handed or left handed or both at the same time. She was right handed naturally but had broken her right hand when she was in 7th grade and had to learn to write with her left hand. Even after her right hand healed she continued to write often with her left. She was amazing to me. This picture shows her attitude at this time - fun and funny lady and mom. She probably climbed that tree after this picture was taken of her with my brother Ray.

No comments:

Post a Comment